Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Stupid Political Conversations


Person 1: Why do you believe X?

Person 2: Well, for these reasons.

Person 1: You're so wrong! You're stupid and/or evil! You will never convince me to believe X!
Person 2: ...I wasn't trying to convince you...you asked me.


Person 1: Premise A.
Person 2: No, premise B.
Person 1: No, premise A because of x,y,z reasons.
Person 2: No, premise B because of c,d,e reasons.
Person 1: Yeah, but you've gotta admit...premise A.
Person 2: I have to admit the very thing over which we're disagreeing? Good point. You win.
-OR-
Person 1: I think we all know that premise A.
Person 2: So...what? We all secretly "know" your opinion, and we're just pretending to disagree to be difficult?
-OR-
Person 1: If you think about it, premise A.
Person 2: Oh yes, if only I would think. All of your arguments are now logically sound, because you reminded me to think. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. The "thank you" at the very end made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if you think about it, conservatives are basically always wrong. I think we all know that conservatives suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or in some cases.

    Person 1: Premise A.
    Person 2: Premise B.
    Person 1: No, Premise A because of x, y, z.
    Person 2: AAAGHGH RAR GOOBLA *mouth foaming rage*
    Person 1: uhhh...what?
    Person 2: Premise B.
    Person 1: >.O

    ReplyDelete